|Arizona Great Horned Owl (Bubo virginianus) - Saguaro NP, AZ|
Canon 7D + Canon 300mm f2.8IS L w/1.4x @ f4.0 and 1/100 second
- Use the tripod.
- Don’t attach the camera to the tripod, use the dedicated collar on your lens.
- Compose and lock it down...
- Rest the left hand over the tripod collar, but don’t press down.
- Gently place your eye against the eyepiece.
- Squeeze the shutter release.
- Shoot three to five images in continuous mode.
|Peccary (Tayassu tajacu) - Saguaro NP, AZCanon 7D + Canon 300mm f2.8IS L w/1.4x @ f4.0 and 1/100 second|
Although the latter technique may reduce your ability to shoot it fast and recompose, it will increase stability when the light is fading and you need to get the shot.
©2000-2012 BTLeventhal.com / Bruce & Tamy Leventhal. All rights reserved. No image on this site may be used without permission.